My Secret To Organizing A Budget Wedding
All of us want our weddings to be a fabulous and memorable one. Even so, planning a wedding is a huge and stressful responsibility. With huge expectations and dreams, we want to go all out on our wedding plans. But is it possible to have an amazing wedding without the expenses going out of hand or before you go broke? The answer is yes!
Following some simple tricks and tips will go a long way to help you plan your wedding within an affordable budget. Here are some of the tricks I suggest for a successful wedding:
Decide Your Maximum Budget
As obvious as it seems, it is important for you to begin from the very start and decide the capping amount you are willing to spend. Decide what will be the maximum amount you will be able to spend on your wedding, taking into consideration all of the formalities also.
Get A Wedding Planner
The sooner you get a wedding planner, the better it is. A wedding planner will help you recognize the options you have available for yourself within the budget you have decided. From there on, you can choose the options more effectively.
Prioritize/Organize Your Expenses
The second big step to a successful wedding on a budget is to organize your expenses effectively. Create a checklist of all the things that will be necessary for the wedding. For example:
- Wedding Dress
- Reception Food
- Music, etc.
Decide On The Necessary Expenses, Don’t Go Cheap
After you have decided on the items of your checklist, organize them according to your priorities and cut off all the expenses that do not seem necessary. The high priority items should not be compromised on. The expenses you know are necessary such as wedding dress, photographer, food, etc. should not be low quality or cheap. Read My Idea Of Choosing The Perfect Wedding Gown.
Don’t Forget The Areas On Which You Can Cut The Expenses
There are some areas which we emphasize more on, even when not needed. Some of the items that can be excluded or went low on, in my opinion, are:
- Pre-Wedding Festivities – Cut down on the pre-wedding festivities or just hold small events inviting a small group of people to celebrate them. This will save you a lot of expenditure.
- Wedding Dress (Renting) – Instead of buying an expensive wedding dress that you will probably not be wearing anywhere else, you can just go for the renting option. This will not only save you money but also offer you the dresses in trend for cheap.
- Decorations (multi-purpose) – You can use the decorations that are multi-purpose, this will help you save on future expenditures.
- Photography – You can use a reference or friend for the photography, this will help you get discounts and save money.
- Catering Services – Instead of going for a high end catering or restaurant services, you can look for affordable and small chain caterers which offer delicious food.
Extra Tips To Save More
If the above points still do not help you, you can also go for saving on the jewellery by either renting it, buying it on discount or EMIs. Instead of using wedding cards for the invitation, you can go for a wedding website invitation that is much more affordable. For DJs, you can go for the low-end ones who still offer good music. Do not miss out these wedding card alternatives.
No matter what happens, never forget that you matter the most. You should focus your money on the things that you will remember the most from the very beginning. Create a budget and stick to it till the last moment, no matter how much society pressures you.